For decades, Dr. Miyasaki has been helping improve smiles throughout Honolulu, whether to repair them, maintain them, or enhance them. In fact, those are the biggest reasons to visit the dentist: repair, maintenance/prevention, and enhancement. If any of these apply to you, it’s time to see the dentist. Our father-son dental team have the right combination of compassion, technology, skill, and services to improve your smile, no matter how bad off you think it is.
No smile situation is impossible – the most glorious smiles come easy here! So call 808-797-3680 today and see what A Downtown Dental Group can do for you. Like countless other patients, you can actually have a healthy, attractive, confident smile.
1. I Have Dental Pain or Tooth Sensitivity
Whether you’ve been in pain for a long time or have just started noticing a toothache today, we can help you. Pain means something is wrong, and when it comes to your mouth, that pain rarely subsides. That’s especially true if you have a toothache.
Here are some common sources of pain that we can treat:
- Missing teeth that cause pain when chewing, and even emotional pain
- Broken teeth
- Cracked teeth
- Decayed teeth
- Infected teeth
- Painful gums and/or bleeding gums
- Sensitivity in teeth or gums
- Bad-fitting dentures
- Old restorations that are failing or breaking
If any of these describe you, call us right away for an exam. We’ll get you in and take a close look at your mouth, asking questions to figure out the source of your pain. With modern imaging and decay detection, we can identify your problem and determine the best solution for you.
People often worry that their oral pain is better than the pain of going to the dentist. With Drs. Miyasaki, that is not the case. We work hard to make you comfortable with:
- Painless injections
- Dental sedation
- Blankets and pillows
- Headphones to listen to music
- Modern materials
- An in-house porcelain specialist for great-fitting restorations
- Intraoral cameras for less poking around
2. I Don’t Like How My Smile Looks
Don’t be afraid to come to our office just to see how we can improve the look of your smile. It’s not vain to want it to look better! Every day we see many patients who want a smile they can feel proud to show. They want to eliminate any embarrassment or guilt they feel about the way it looks. They want to show up to a social event, a work presentation, or a trip to visit their grandkids with a confident smile – not one they feel they have to hide.
Here are some cosmetic dental solutions our Honolulu dentists can offer to fix your smile flaws:
- Porcelain dental crowns, created and custom-color matched by our in-house ceramic specialist
- Dental veneers to hide all the imperfections beneath, also done by our specialist
- Tooth bonding to smooth out flaws, chips, and cracks and reshape teeth
- Discreet orthodontics to straighten teeth with minor or major alignment issues, using Invisalign clear aligners or clear ceramic braces
- Zoom teeth whitening here or at home
- Beautiful implant restorations, bridges, and modern dentures to fill in gaps
3. I Haven’t Been to the Dentist in a While
Often, we see patients who haven’t been to the dentist for far too long. Many see us when they can’t take the pain anymore. We have such great compassion for them because we know there is a reason they have waited to go to the dentist:
- Fear of the dentist in general
- Fear of pain or shots
- Bad experience at the dentist
- Trouble getting numb
- Gag reflex
- Embarrassment or guilt over your smile’s condition
- Fear of being judged or getting a lecture
- Being busy or having other priorities
- Fear that the work won’t be done well or look natural
If any of these describe you, they’ve also described many of our patients. You aren’t alone in your reason, and we are sensitive to it and work hard to eliminate it in many ways (see above). And you will never get a lecture or be made to feel like a child here. We treat you with respect.
We’ll start with an exam, X-rays, and a cleaning. Regular checkups that include exams and cleanings prevent issues like decay and disease. They also keep your smile looking clean and healthy! If we ever detect any problems, we will develop a custom treatment plan to get your smile back to health.
4. I Have Diabetes or Other Health Problems
This may seem strange to you. Why go to the dentist if you have other health problems, not just dental problems? Researchers, dentists, and other health professionals have found connections with health problems in the body and problems in the mouth.
Gum disease in particular has been linked to difficulty controlling diabetes, as well as inflammatory problems throughout the body. A problem in one part of the body could indicate a problem in the mouth, and an oral problem could indicate one elsewhere in the body. This is called the oral-systemic connection.
Our dentist are specialists in dentistry for diabetics. Diabetics can be more susceptible to dental problems, so we will work with you and even your doctor to help manage both your oral health and diabetes. This is true if you have other health concerns as well.
We’ll Give You A Reason to Love the Dentist
There are more reasons to visit the dentist, and we’ve just covered a few here. No matter your individual situation, we will treat you like family and come up with a personal plan that will keep your smile looking and working like you want it to. Call our Honolulu dentist office at 808-797-3680 or contact us online to see a dentist who will give you a reason to keep coming back – and a reason to love your smile!