As of April 2022, Governor Ige has relaxed many of the Covid-19 policies that were in place. Our dental office is considered an essential health care service, and we are committed to caring for you in the safest possible setting. Our office will continue to monitor the situation and make adjustment as new data becomes available. We sincerely thank and appreciate that our patients continue to wear masks in our office.
Here are the extra precautions we’re taking to ensure your safety:
- Entire staff has received both Covid vaccines and the booster
- Wearing additional appropriate protective apparel
- High quality sterilization of all instruments
- High quality masks and face shields
- High quality gloves, changed multiple times for each patient
- Plexiglass barriers in the reception room and conference room
- Screening patients on the phone
- Additional screening questions at the office as needed
- Best technology in the world HEPA air quality filters in the reception area and all the treatment rooms. (Our reception room has the same high quality HEPA air filters that were actually used in the hospitals in Wuhan, China.)
- We use Plasma Air technology which deactivates airborne viruses—cleaning the air you breathe. Plasma bipolar ionization has proven to be effective against several viruses: H1N1 influenza, H5N1 avian influenza (bird flu), and coronavirus. This technology deactivates the viruses, rendering them harmless, so they can no longer spread or cause infection.
- Having patients do a pre-treatment mouth rinse with an anti-viral mouthwash as needed.
- Disinfection of the work area between all procedures.
- Disinfection of all common areas, with the most effective but safe non-toxic product, (Hypochlorous Acid). 50 times more effective than Clorox but safe enough to wash baby bottles.
- Fogging the entire office with a high-quality disinfectant at the end of each day. Foggers produce micro-droplets that float in the air for several minutes, and can reach all the most inaccessible parts of a room where regular cleaning or spraying can’t reach.
- Ultra-high-volume suction devices in hygiene, and in all treatment rooms to remove aerosol spray as needed.
- UV light disinfection as needed.
Your health is always important to us. Oral health is a gateway to your overall health, and as your dentist, it is our responsibility to keep you as safe and healthy as possible.
We love what we do, and the people we help, and we are always here to help you.
Dr. David Miyasaki
Dr. Wilfred Miyasaki
P.S. Give us a call now at 808-797-3680 to schedule your oral health check-up. Don’t wait till an emergency happens that may put your health at risk.