Dental Implants To Restore Your Smile | Honolulu, HI
- December 15, 2015
Do you feel like something is missing in your life? It may feel that way if you have lost teeth or are suffering from tooth decay.
Living with missing or severely damaged teeth can affect your self-esteem. That may leave you feeling self-conscious. You may even avoid social situations because you are embarrassed about your teeth.
At Downtown Dental Group in Honolulu, we want you to know that you don’t have to live that way any more. Dental implants can replace what’s missing from your smile. You may find it gives you back more of your life, too.
Who are good candidates for implants?
Look at your teeth in the mirror or in a recent photo. Do you like what you see? Are your missing teeth obvious? Dental implants may solve your problems.
People lose teeth for lots of reasons. Often, this may be the result of poor oral hygiene or a sudden injury, perhaps from playing sports or being involved in a household accident.
In other cases, you may have a tooth that remains in your mouth but should be removed. The dental implant can be placed to fill in the gap created when that tooth is taken out of your mouth.
A good dental implant can fix many of your concerns about your teeth and improve your oral health. A quality implant can be fitted with a crown, bridge, or dentures. This provides a solid foundation, and it looks like your real teeth.
Your dental implant will allow you to chew your food without any concerns. You implant will also complete any gaps in your teeth, leaving you more confident when talking to other people or smiling for a photo.
How can implants help?
Are you wondering how dental implants can help you? Here are just some of the reasons you might want to consider them:
– Eat what you like — You may have to avoid certain foods when you are missing teeth or wear adhesive-secured dentures. Dental implants allow you eat all your favorite foods without worry that something will pop out.
– Fill in the gaps — Dental implants are the best way to restore a healthy, natural-looking smile. Dental implants that have been fitted with crowns and bridges feel and look like your real teeth.
– Take pride in your smile — If you are missing teeth or have damaged teeth, you know how that affects your smile. This may make you feel self-conscious when meeting new people or posing for pictures (will it be on Facebook?). With dental implants, you can smile with confidence at gatherings with family and friends or when meeting someone for work.
– Protect your mouth — Dental implants stimulate growth in your jawbone. This keeps that bone strong, and that it good for any remaining teeth inside your mouth.
– Last for a long time — Dental implants can last for the rest of your life with proper care and oral hygiene.
How do implants work?
Let’s start by discussing the anatomy of your teeth. The root of your tooth acts as an anchor, keeping your tooth connected to your jawbone. The crown is the part of your tooth that the world sees when you eat, talk, and smile.
Dental implants replace the root of your tooth. Like the root, they fit your jawbone. Implants are made of metal, usually titanium. You will need time to heal after they are placed. During your recovery, the bone around the implant will secure it in place just like a natural tooth.
We offer a variety of types of implants depending on your needs.
– Mini implants. These are smaller than traditional dental implants, but more secure than dentures held in place by an adhesive.
– All on 4 implants. These are larger implants used to secure dentures in place. These are a step up in terms of security and stability compared to the mini implants.
– All on 6 implants. These are like the All on 4, except these dentures are held in place by six implants instead of four.
– Single implants. When you are missing one tooth or a couple teeth that were side by side, a single implant can be used to hold a crown or bridge.
Ready to make an appointment?
When you decide you are ready to get your smile back, call Downtown Dental Group to schedule your dental implant procedure. You could have the look of a full set of teeth before you know it.
Call our office at 808-797-3680 or use our online form to plan your visit to our office in Honolulu.