After spending his whole life around the dental industry, Dr. David Miyasaki decided to go into the family business. After a 10-year journey that resulted in a Bachelor of Science from the University of Washington, dental school at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, and a residency at the UCLA School of Dentistry, he returned to Honolulu in 2014 to join the family practice.
David inherited his father’s work ethic and eagerness to build lasting relationships with patients he wishes to serve for years to come. He has set his goals high so that one day he can take over the practice his father built from the ground up.
Dr. David Miyasaki sincerely looks forward to getting to know you as a person but more so as a friend. He will help you achieve the type of smile and the confidence you desire with the gentlest touch and the latest techniques he has learned in his extensive schooling and continuing education.
In his free time, David enjoys tennis and golf. He tries to spend as much time as possible with his wife, Nan, and his family. He enjoys eating out with his friends and hanging out with them at casual local hot spots like Ryan’s, various Japanese izakayas, and gourmet Chinese restaurants. You may run into him there. Be sure to ask him about his photography!
His advanced training and care includes:
- California Implant Institute Annual Fellowship – Endorsed by the UNLV School of Dental Medicine
- AEGD, Advanced Education in General Dentistry residency program at the UCLA School of Dentistry
- DMD, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine
- BS, University of Washington, in Cell and Molecular Biology
- Community dentistry for the underserved, including extensive volunteer work and part-time staff at the Kalihi-Palama Health Center’s Medical and Dental Center in Honolulu
Credentials and memberships:
- Honolulu County Dental Society
- Hawaii Dental Association
- American Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Honolulu Young Dentist Group
- Pacific Dental Study Group
Together, Dr. Wilfred Miyasaki and Dr. David Miyasaki set the bar high for Honolulu dentistry. They treat each patient as a part of their close-knit family and love to see each new smile that walks in the door. Honolulu is their home, and they strive to make it a better place, one smile at a time.