After spending his whole life around the dental industry, Dr. David Miyasaki decided to go into the family business. After a 10-year journey that resulted in a Bachelor of Science from the University of Washington, dental school at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, and a residency at the UCLA School of Dentistry, he returned to Honolulu in 2014 to join the family practice.
David has inherited his father’s work ethic and eagerness to build lasting relationships with patients he wishes to serve for years to come. He has set his goals high so that one day he can take over the practice his father built from the ground up.
Dr. David Miyasaki sincerely looks forward to getting to know you as a person but, more so, also as a friend. He hopes he can help you achieve the type of smile and the confidence you desire with the gentlest touch and the latest techniques he has learned in his extensive schooling.
In his free time, David enjoys tennis and golf, when he can find the time. He enjoys eating out with his friends and hanging out with them at some causal local hot spots, like Zippy’s and Ryan’s. You may run into him there. And be sure to ask him about his photography! He tries to spend as much time with his family as well.
Dedicated to Advanced Training and Care:
- BS, University of Washington, in Cell and Molecular Biology
- DMD, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine
- AEGD, Advanced Education in General Dentistry, residency program at the UCLA School of Dentistry
- Additional professional interests include community dentistry for the underserved. David has done extensive volunteer work as well as being on staff part-time at the Kalihi-Palama Medical-Dental Clinic in Honolulu.
Credentials and Memberships
- Honolulu County Dental Society
- Hawaii Dental Association
- American Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Honolulu Young Dentist Association
- Certified Fastbraces Provider
Together, Dr. Wilfred Miyasaki and Dr. David Miyasaki set the bar high in the world of Honolulu dentistry. They treat each patient as a part of their close-knit family and love to see each new smile that walks in the door. Honolulu is their home, and they strive to make it a better place, one smile at a time.