Having diabetes is difficult on many levels, but did you know that it can also affect your oral health? Diabetics are more susceptible to oral infections, like gum disease, and can struggle to heal from dental procedures, especially surgeries, due to lack of blood flow.
Research has linked diabetes to many serious health problems such as heart attack, stroke, respiratory disease, premature babies, arthritis, Alzheimer’s, and cancer. So what can you do?
Call our Honolulu, HI dentist office at 808-797-3680 because we are very skilled at providing excellent dental care to patients with diabetes. In fact, we are known for it.
Dentistry For Diabetics Care Tips
At A Downtown Dental Group, our dentist in Honolulu specializes in making sure that diabetics’ oral health stays in excellent condition. Here are some tips for keeping your oral health at an optimal level:
- Your blood sugar must remain as close to a normal level as possible.
- You must keep us informed about the status of your diabetes. Let us know when your last episode was so that we can be as prepared as possible.
- Visit your physician regularly and follow his recommendations. We are happy to work with your physician.
- Follow post-treatment instructions carefully and keep in mind that healing may take longer after surgery.
Get A Free Information Kit!
A Free Information Kit is yours on request with a special report, “How To Tame Diabetes And Its Side Effects” sent to you by mail at no cost, no obligation. To receive your Free Information Kit, call 808-797-3680. Just ask for this FREE report.
- Whatever has kept you from getting the complete dental care that you have needed in the past should not concern you now.
- Today’s methods can be painless.
- You can be assured of no guilt, no lecture, and respectful care in a relaxed environment.
Every dental problem has a solution, no matter how complex. Whether you just need periodontal or gum care designed to support better blood sugar control, implant dentistry, restorative dentistry, or even a smile makeover, your Dentistry For Diabetics dentist in Honolulu can help you.
Are You At Risk For Diabetes? Find out By Answering These Questions.