There is a definite time and place for oral surgery, and when it happens to you, trust the doctors at A Downtown Dental Group. Our Honolulu, HI dentist office is prepared for multiple types of oral surgery, and we have the ability to make sure you are totally comfortable during the entire process. When it seems like oral surgery is inevitable, call 808-797-3680 for a FREE second opinion. If you do need surgery, let us help!
Oral Surgery Can Help You Prepare For A Restoration
When preparing for a tooth restoration, like a dental implant, you may need to rely on oral surgeries that help build your bone and prepare your jaw for the dental implant. In addition to strengthening your bone, we sometimes need to make room in your jaw for the implant.
- Bone Grafts – Using bone from a donor (or your own mouth), we can build up your jawbone to its natural strength.
- Ridge Augmentation – This procedure is often used to rebuild the socket of an extracted tooth to prepare for a future restoration.
- Sinus Lifts – Your sinuses can sometimes get very close to the tooth roots in your upper arch. We may need to adjust those cavities before placing a dental implant.
Improving Your Smile With Oral Surgery
Oral surgery is not reserved for dental implants or preparing for a restoration. There are many things that can require a procedure of the magnitude. Sometimes oral surgery is required to restore health back to your smile!
- Gum Grafts – Whether due to heredity, gum disease, or another factor, gum recession is often corrected with gum grafts that can help repair damaged tissue.
- Tooth Removal – A tooth that is severely decayed or infected may need to be removed. Challenging extractions, like wisdom teeth extractions, may need to be referred out to an oral surgeon.
Trust A Downtown Dental Group for excellent, safe oral surgery options. We even have dental sedation options to ensure that you feel no fear and total comfort during your entire experience.
Give us a call at 808-797-3680 to learn more about our oral surgery expertise. We can’t wait to help you have a healthy smile once again.