Seventy percent of adults in the United States have gum disease. That number is staggering, especially when you consider how gum health impacts your overall health. There are a variety of treatment options, all with these common goals: kill germs, remove the infection, and heal the diseased gum pockets. We do all of that with exceptional comfort using laser gum treatment in Honolulu. You can expect:
- Faster Healing – Laser therapy kills the bacteria and viruses that cause gum disease and can stimulate tissue healing.
- Minimal Discomfort – Patients report more comfort with laser gum treatment. Unlike traditional treatment, no incisions or stitching are required.
- Reduced Inflammation – Diode laser treatment repairs diseased tissue without harming healthy tissue.
- Reduced Risk Of Infection – Diode lasers kill bacteria and viruses so your risk of infection and complications are lower.
Heal & Protect Your Gums With Laser Treatment
The first recommendation for treating the early stages of periodontal or gum disease is usually a deep cleaning of all your teeth. If your early stage gum infection treatment does not work entirely, or if the disease is more advanced, we may recommend gum surgery.
Traditional gum surgery involves using a scalpel to cut the gums and treat the disease. Not only is it uncomfortable, but it involves the risk of gum recession, which means more of the roots are exposed. There may be more teeth sensitivity and a higher risk of cavities on the exposed roots.
Laser gum therapy is a new alternative to traditional gum surgery. Laser gum therapies are less invasive and less painful, and they offer faster recovery. You can receive either:
- Diode laser therapy, which research shows kills the bacteria and viruses that cause gum disease and reduces the number of bacteria and viruses that can enter the bloodstream and possibly affect your heart. It’s an excellent way to treat early gum disease and to do routine periodontal or gum disease maintenance.
- LANAP laser gum surgery, which may be indicated if your gum disease is more severe. This is the most advanced laser gum surgery available. We work closely with a specialist who is specifically trained to perform this type of laser surgery.
If you suspect you have gum disease, call us now at 808-797-3680 to find out more about laser gum treatment in Honolulu. We can help you come up with a treatment plan that works!