If you’re dealing with failing teeth or missing teeth, your mouth is not too far gone to fix. A Downtown Dental Group is the Honolulu dental office that can repair your dental problems, including replacing missing teeth. Our teeth are lifelike and highly functional and give you the smile you have always wanted.
Today dental implants one of the best ways to replace your missing teeth. Our dental implants are strong, durable and can last a lifetime with proper care. We don’t ever want you to go without great teeth, so you can call of our today at 808-797-3680 to schedule your appointment.
There is more than one way to replace missing teeth. Of course, dentures are the most common way to replace missing teeth, but dentures have their limitations.
The Problem With Dentures
Today’s removable dentures are incredibly lifelike. We only use material that resembles your gums and natural teeth to help you smile with confidence again. But even though dentures can give you a better smile, functionality is still a problem. Dentures rest on the gums and stay in place because of fit or adhesives. Studies have found that removable dentures only provide between 25 and 50 percent of the biting force of natural teeth — every patient is different. With that decline in biting force, you can imagine the foods that are off the menu. Additionally, your dentures can lose fit overtime or even warp.
People with dentures have a number of complaints. Here are a few:
- Problems eating the foods they love (we mentioned this above)
- Problems smiling with confidence
- Worrying about your dentures falling out of the mouth
- Developing sores on the gums
- Reapplying denture adhesives multiple times a day
- Developing wrinkles around the mouth
- Dentures make you look older than you are
The cause of almost all of these denture issues is related to jawbone recession. When the teeth are lost, the jawbone begins to recede. The recession makes it hard to find a good denture fit and changes your appearance.
What Implants Do For Your Smile
Dental implants can be the answer to all of your denture problems. Implants are so effective because they merge with the jawbone. Our implants are made of titanium, a biocompatible material. So once the implants heal with the bone, they are literally part of your body. It’s like having a new tooth in your jaw.
Implants are also very versatile. We can restore your implants with either crowns, bridges, and dentures. Implants are more expensive than traditional dentures, but consider the benefits of such a treatment. With implants, you’ll never have to worry about your teeth shifting around again! You also don’t have to worry about goopy denture adhesives, eliminating hard-to-chew foods from your diet, or worrying about your teeth falling out. There is a cost to dental implants, but with the added value, you’ll find the implants to be worth every penny.
The types of dental implants we offer:
- Single dental implants — Single dental implants have become a popular option over bridges. Bridges, while effective and durable, require us to restore adjacent teeth to fit the restoration. Single implants only address the missing tooth.
- Implant-retained dentures — If you’re struggling with bad dentures, we can support the teeth with a few implants. We simply place a few implants around the mouth to stabilize your dentures.
- All-on-4 and All-on-6 dental implants — This special implant system is different because we don’t have to use dentures. Instead, we’re using bridges to restore tooth loss, even if you’re missing an entire arch of teeth. All-on-4 is called as such because we place four dental implants on each arch.
Come to Us to Restore Your Smile
When you come to A Downtown Dental Group for your treatment, you’ll be working with a professional team that prides itself on helping patients overcome even the most advanced smile problems. We have helped countless patients restore their smile with dental implants. These patients are enjoying the foods they love and a more youthful appearance.
If you’re concerned about the cost, know that we have numerous financing options for you. Just give us a call today at 808-797-3680 to schedule your appointment.